KuibyshevAzot launches production in India

On May 29, 2024, KuibyshevAzot opened a new facility in the free economic zone of Sri City, India, for the production of polymer-composite materials based on polyamide-6. Oleg Avdeev, the General Consul of the Russian Federation in Andhra Pradesh, and Alexander Gerasimenko, CEO of KuibyshevAzot, attended the inauguration ceremony.

This initiative is part of KuibyshevAzot’s ongoing program aimed at the deep processing of caprolactam and expanding the market reach of polyamide-6, including the production of polymer-composite materials (engineering plastics). The establishment of the production facility in India is intended to broaden the company’s high-value-added product business in one of the largest and most rapidly growing regional markets.

KuibyshevAzot holds an 80% stake in the joint venture, Kuibyshevazot Engineering Plastics (India) Pvt. Ltd., with Indian partners holding the remaining 20%. The investment in the project totaled 1 billion rubles ($11.08mn), with an annual production capacity of 14,000 tons.

KuibyshevAzot has had positive experiences developing existing assets for the production of polymer-composite materials in other locations, including Shanghai, China, and Tolyatti, Russia. The new project is expected to boost the consumption of the base polymer and enhance the company’s compounding competencies.

Polymer-composite materials based on polyamide-6 are indispensable in virtually all industries due to their high mechanical strength, thermal resistance, excellent electrical insulation properties, chemical resistance, and accessible processing technologies. The products from Kuibyshevazot Engineering Plastics (India) Pvt. Ltd. are intended for the Indian domestic market.

Add Fertilizer Daily to your followed sources to get market news first  

Enjoyed the story?

Once a week, our subscribers get their hands first on hottest fertilizer and agriculture news. Don’t miss it!