Yara bidding farewell to Qatar Fertiliser

Norwegian fertilizer producer Yara International (hereinafter – Yara) has signed an agreement with Qatar Petroleum to sell its 25% stake in the authorized capital of the joint venture Qatar Fertiliser for $ 1 billion.

Since the establishment of the joint venture Qatar Fertiliser Company in 1969, the company has become the world’s largest single-site urea manufacturer with the production capacity up to 5.6 million tons of urea per year.

Yara has owned 25% of its registered capital, the remaining 75% share is owned by Industries Qatar (its 51% of the registered capital is owned by Qatar Petroleum).

The deal between Yara and Qatar Petroleum is subject to approval by the Qatar government.

Add Fertilizer Daily to your followed sources to get market news first  

Enjoyed the story?

Once a week, our subscribers get their hands first on hottest fertilizer and agriculture news. Don’t miss it!