Bayer took control over CoverCress

The German chemical giant Bayer has acquired a 65% stake in oilseeds growing company CoverCress. The remaining 35% are owned by Bunge and Chevron.

CoverCress applies technology to extract corn and soybean oil for use as fuel for cars, and their remains are used as animal feed.

“CoverCress’ work can help biofuel production by empowering farmers to effectively manage their land and improve soil quality,” said Rodrigo Santos, board member of Bayer. “We are committed to decarbonizing agriculture and helping farmers adopt sustainable farming practices with products and solutions that can impact climate change.”

Add Fertilizer Daily to your followed sources to get market news first  

Enjoyed the story?

Once a week, our subscribers get their hands first on hottest fertilizer and agriculture news. Don’t miss it!